Thursday, August 12, 2010

Training for Tri

So it's official: I am going to race in the Monster's sprint triathlon in October!! Nervous? Yes. Determined? YES. I have always wanted to be one of those people who could go out for a three mile run and feel good about themselves, rather than wish they were running toward that light at the end of the tunnel. I have found lots of training guidelines/programs online...my method? Do it my way.

I realize that this task will be even more difficult and strenuous than I could imagine, but I will continue to train and practice as hard as I can so that I finish. Not win; finish. I don't care if I am dead last.

In other news - I take pride in the fact that for a great majority of my life, I have been pretty conscious about what I eat and how I live. I make sure that I work out at least four times a week (except for special circumstances) and I will usually choose the grilled chicken over the burger. However, it is literally getting worse the more I discipline myself...the cravings, that is. I'm literally pained when I see someone slobbing their cheese fries with ranch. Why can't I just order the cheeseburger with fries and not care about it?! Even if my butt doesn't look bigger fifteen minutes after, why do I always think it does? It is so annoying....

OK, this post doesn't make sense. Sorry bout it.

No comments:

Post a Comment